Living in Paris, I have access to some of the best restaurants out there. One of my favorites is Brasserie Lipp (151 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75006, +33 1 45 48 72 93) a classic French cafe located in the heart of the Saint-Germain-des-Prés neighborhood. It's an institution here in Paris, and the food is pretty great too!
We recently hosted a dinner in our showroom with our style crush, Candela Novembre. No dinner would be complete without dessert, and I just had to serve my favorite: passionfruit and mango pavlova. The meringue is simply irresistible! Taste.com has a simple recipe that's easy to whip up for your next dinner party.
PASSIONFRUIT & MANGO PAVLOVA
WHAT YOU NEED
4 egg whites
1 cup superfine sugar
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 cups thickened cream
2 thinly sliced mangoes
6 thinly sliced passionfruit, pulp removed
WHAT YOU DO
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper.
2. Place egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add superfine sugar a little at a time, beating well between each addition, until thick and glossy. Fold in the white vinegar.
3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tray and, using a large spatula, form into a disc shape.
4. Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn off the oven and allow the pavlova to cool for 1-2 hours. Do not open the door until the oven has completely cooled.
5. Whip cream until medium peaks form and spread over the cooled pavlova. Decorate with mangoes and passionfruit.