shop the post
Health and fitness are extremely important to me. I don’t follow trendy diets or fitness fads because i think It’s important to listen to your body and not overdo it. I like to switch up my routine and keep myself motivated and inspired.
Every morning when I wake up I make my morning coffee: a Spanish latte with a double shot of espresso. I am also utterly and completely obsessed with my Tassimo coffeemaker and Gevalia coffee pods— I love them and I’m pretty sure I cannot live without them. I have multiple Bosch Tassimo coffeemakers throughout my home and I always make sure to have one to bring away with me if/when I’m off filming on location for extended periods of time. It’s simply the best.
My fitness apparel of choice: Outdoor Voices.
I then either go down to my home gym for an hour of cardio, club bell exercises and squats, or I head out to a personal training session somewhere. My fitness is legitimately all over the map. I have spent time training with Mark Wildman (whose expertise includes circular strength training, i.e. health-first fitness), TACFIT (tactical fitness), club bell and kettle bell training (picking things up and putting them down after swinging them around), civilian hand-to-hand combat and armored (full-contact) self-defense training, sword fighting with machetes, firearms instruction and aerial training. In other words, fitness, fighting and making pretty shapes with one’s body while hanging from silk. I have also done intensive firearms training and courses with Sage Dynamics. And most recently, I have gotten into pilates with a wonderful personal trainer, Betsy Parker.
Once my workout is compete, I then make a David Kirsch Wellness Vanilla Protein Shake. I add one packet of the vanilla protein powder, a scoop of ice, a cup of water, half a mango, a handful of strawberries or raspberries, blend, and enjoy.
I love makeup and getting dolled up, but I feel most beautiful being natural and just me in my own skin, just being myself with no excess. Although, I do love to moisturize!
To maintain healthy skin, I make sure to stay hydrated. I tend to drink about a gallon of water every day. I also moisturize regularly. Every night before bed, and also after every time I shower, I use Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion on my body. On my face, I wash and remove my makeup using Sonya Dakar’s Buriti Purifying Cleanser, followed by her Retinu Stem Cell Transformer and Nano Hydrator. On days when I’m traveling or have had to wear a lot of makeup for work and my skin needs a little extra TLC, I follow up with Crème de la Mer. And for any under eye puffiness in the morning, I always use Clark’s Botanicals Anti-Puff Eye Cream.
To get a look that can easily go from day to night, here are my go-to products and how I apply them:
1. Prep your skin and moisturize with Sonya Dakar Nano Hydrator and apply Clark’s Botanicals Anti Puff Eye Cream under your eyes. Then spritz your face with Evian’s Mineral Water Spray.
2. Now that your moisture is locked in your skin, it's time to begin applying your cosmetics! Start with Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint Glow ALL OVER your face. Then use DIOR Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 35, a smart foundation formula that adapts to your unique skin type, which keeps skin balanced, smooth and healthy. Set your foundation with Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, a non-dusty powder that will set your makeup and give you a flawless finish, but be sure to apply sparingly (right now) as you are just getting started with your makeup look. Then use TARTE Park Ave Princess Bronzer & Contour Palette to give yourself natural dimension and enhance your skins' natural glow. Follow up with Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop, a very warm, natural cheek color that's perfect for all skin tones and gives a “just-pinched pop.”
3. Before putting on any eye shadow use NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer as a BASE for all your other eye products. This will even out the complexion so that skin appears fresh and natural with a radiant finish while it masks imperfections, blurs the look of lines and wrinkles, and hides dark circles and signs of fatigue. Apply Laura Mercier Eye Colour in Vanilla Nuts (found in the Laura Mercier Eye Art Artist’s Palette) ALL OVER the eyelids – this smudge resistant shadow is easily applied and lightweight and vibrant – THEN put Laura Mercier Eye Colour in Fresco (also found in the Laura Mercier Eye Art Artist’s Palette) in the crease of your eyes and be sure to BLEND.
4. Use NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer under the eyes and clean up any eyeshadow that may have fallen and then SET your concealer using Laura Mercier’s Loose Setting Powder.
5. SHAPE your brows with a Dior's Powder Brow Pencil – this helps to softly define your brows, giving them a perfectly groomed look.
6. CURL your lashes with the Shiseido Eyelash Curler and apply Lancome Hypnose Star Waterproof 24 hour Mascara. This mascara will hold the curl in your lash and help your lashes appear naturally fuller — It is AMAZING
6. Complete your look by applying Clinique's Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Nude Pink. This will soften your lips and give you a perfectly kissable pout.
My desert island staple is, without a doubt, sunscreen. It’s important to protect the skin you’re in. I always wear Neutrogena's Age Face Shield with SPF 110 if and when I’m out in the sun.
My hair has certainly been through the ringer over the years. For nearly a decade I have consistently changed the color every couple years, if not every year. I’m actually lucky it hasn’t all broken off! But thanks to an incredible colorist and amazing products, I have been able to maintain relatively healthy locks.
My hairbrush of choice is Sheila Stotts Removal Brush. It’s a classic plastic brush with metal, needle-like teeth that makes detangling hair a breeze.
As for Shampoo and Conditioner, I am a big fan of the Alterna Caviar Replenishing Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner. Then, after washing I apply Alterna Caviar Repair RX Re-Texturizing Protein Cream. And once dry I use Alterna Caviar for Women Anti Aging Omega + Nourishing Oil.