shop the post
A favorite kitchen appliance of ours, it spiralizes vegetables such as zucchini so that they can be used as pasta substitutes.
An easy grab-and-go breakfast item that we make are these organic peanut butter banana breakfast cookies from With Salt and Wit that use chia seeds and oats for extra energy.
WHAT YOU NEED
3 small mashed ripe bananas
2 cups old fashioned oats
1½ teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons ground flax seed
1 tablespoon chia seeds
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Drizzle:
½ cup Peanut flour
¼ - ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
WHAT YOU DO
2. In a large bowl, mash the banana. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
3. With a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough into 12 mounds. Don't worry about spacing, they won't spread when being baked. Press down with the bottom of a glass that has been sprayed with non stick spray or wet your hand slightly, and flatten each cookie to about ¼ inch.
4. Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are slightly firm, but soft to the touch.
5. Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut flour with ¼ cup of milk until smooth. Add more if yours is too thick. Drizzle each cookie.
Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.