I have spent a good deal of time looking for desserts that feel and taste like desserts but don't act like them. With the emergence of ingredients like coconut sugar, flour and other non ingredient ingredients, it's become much easier to have guilt-free desserts on hand. Here, a couple of my new favorites.
Flourless chocolate pumpkin brownies
Chocolate and pumpkin? Weird, right? But it works!
What you need
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp. Dried coffee granules
1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
What to do
- preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8×8 or similar sized baking dish with coconut oil. Set aside.
- combine the eggs, syrup, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mix together until smooth.
- add dry ingredients (coconut flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, dried coffee granules, cinnamon, and baking powder) to the same bowl and mix until combined.
- add the chocolate chips/chunks to the bowl and fold in.
- pour the batter into the greased pan and spread out evenly.
- bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into smaller servings.
RAW VEGAN FUDGE BROWNIES
Who can resist a recipe whose title is full of oxymorons?
WHAT YOU NEED
for the bottom layer:
1 cup pitted medjool dates
1 cup mixed raw walnuts & almonds
1/4 cup raw cocoa
for the top layer
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup raw cocoa
4 tbsp raw almond butter
4 tbsp raw honey
WHAT YOU DO
• Mix together all bottom ingredients in a food processor until well blended
• Spread bottom ingredients in a large glass baking pan until evenly distributed
• Mix together top ingredients in a food processor until well blended
• Spread top blend over bottom layer base until evenly distributed
• Place in the freezer for 30 minutes
• Cut into 16 squares, serve and enjoy!
• Re-freeze whatever you don’t eat and enjoy at a later date