We love a good lifestyle upgrade, so we asked the unofficial Queen of cashmere. Leslie Gifford (of Naked Cashmere + Cashmere360) to drop the tea on how she goes premium every day.
Between my travel and work schedule I’m constantly on the hunt for fabulous ways to look my best while feeling my best — all while on the go. These are a few of my favorite things that take me from day to night and from work to dinner without skipping a beat. From wearing my Naked Cashmere to making time for myself at the local flower market, these are a few of my favorite lifestyle upgrades.
— Leslie Gifford
shop the post
1. My favorite way to start the day is with a great ride on my Peloton. I love having hundreds of class options — I also love the competitive element built into each class. I always get off the bike feeling ready to conquer the day ahead of me.
2. Always being on the go, I have a select set of favorite fashion staples – one of them being the Nili Lotan Silk Slip Dress. This piece is so luxurious and chic, not to mention the perfect style for that day to night look! I can easily dress this piece down with a sandal or tennis shoe and then dress it up with heels for a date night look.
3. My Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer has been a game changer for me. Whether I’m getting ready for a day of meetings or a big event, my Dyson gives me the perfect blowout every time in a fraction of the time with less heat, leaving my hair looking smooth, healthy and shiny.
4. My beauty secret for glowing skin is Vintner’s Daughter Active Botanical Serum. It’s a serum, treatment and moisturizer all in one! Just a few drops every morning and evening leaves my skin hydrated and balanced. It also smells like I just left the spa. No wonder it has such a cult following. Yes, I am obsessed.
5. The Naked Cashmere LOVE Collection is something I hold close to my heart. Philanthropy and fashion are two of my biggest passions and I was able to combine the two through this collection. Each purchase of a LOVE Scarf, Beanie, Slipper or Glove gives from $25 to $50 back to the Breast Cancer Reach Foundation. Last year we reached our 100K donation goal and we are committed to help find a cure.
6. In both my office and at home, I have a collection of Buddhas that I’ve collected on my travels through Cambodia and Bali. This collection not only reminds me of the journeys that I've been on around the world, but also brings me a sense of peace on especially hectic days.
7. Every Sunday is flower day for me. I love going to our local farmer’s market and filling up my car with flowers and orchids. My ultimate happy place is a trip to the downtown LA Flower Market (754 Wall Street, Los Angeles; +1 213 627 3696). When I am not creating my own, my go-to florist in LA is Floral Art in Culver City (3607 Hayden Ave, Culver City, CA; +1 310 280 0500). I guess I am a fashion AND flower junkie.
With a love and passion for creating extraordinary luxury knitwear, Leslie Gifford serves as President and Creative Director for 360Cashmere and NAKEDCASHMERE. A native of New York City, she knew she wanted to be in the fashion business from the early age of five years old. Influenced by her grandmother (“the best dressed woman that I have ever known”), whom she credits for her genes, there’s also the business and apparel pedigree from both her parents; her mother, an MBA graduate from NYU and her father, who is one of the largest slipper manufacturers in the United States.