I’m really freakin tired. I don’t know about you, but this mom-entrepreneur-holiday planner-wife-friend thing is HARD. Like, really hard and pretty exhausting, too. I’m not saying I don’t love it, but let’s be honest — I could use 18 extra hours in the day, not to mention at least one for some self care. Feel me? But where am I finding that time? I have no clue, so we asked Ali Grant, founder of Be Social PR and girl who always has it all together (she also has really good hair), to give us her 7 self care tips for busy people everywhere. I’m in, how about you? (ps: check out the smoothie cubes in #2. OMG. Life changing. Seriously). And I plan to hit all 7 by the end of 2018. Wish me luck!
1. My favorite way to start the day is by working out! Putting the time in to work out can seem daunting when you have a busy day ahead, but it helps me to clear my mind so much. I always feel refreshed after a good sweat, and ready to tackle the day. My favorite morning classes are H.I.I.T. training Sweat Garage (801 N Fairfax Ave #104, Los Angeles; +1 323 852 9800) or spin at SoulCycle.
2. I don’t have too much time to cook, but most of the time I try to eat pretty healthy. After work I’m often out to dinner with clients or at events for our brand partners, so I try to at least have a healthy breakfast. Live Pure Smoothie Cubes have been a game-changer. Simple as throwing the cubes in a blender with almond milk and your smoothie is ready in less than 30 seconds.
3. I often have to travel to NYC for meetings, and my skin gets so dry with the travel and weather changes! I live in LA where the weather is pretty much 70 degrees and sunny year round, so anytime I go somewhere cold my skin has a mini freak out. I love bringing a hydrating serum with me, such as Amala's Hydrating Treatment Oil, which helps keep me skin smooth and hydrated.
shop the post
4. Don’t let stress get the best of you! We are all too familiar with the negative effects that stress has on our body, skin and mental well-being, which is why self-care activities are so important. Whether it’s cuddling with your pet or carving out time to pamper yourself (or both), it’s amazing what it can do to reduce anxiety and lift your spirits. I love throwing on this Intuitive Restoration Renewing Mask by Schique and relaxing with my pup Brooks while its vegan formula tightens, tones and removes toxins from my skin.
5. One of my favorite ways to treat myself is to get a facial. Nothing better than lying down for an hour while sometne is working to make your skin glow. I credit my skin to skin care guru Shani Darden. She’s based in LA, but she just launched her own range of products which are a must-have.
6. I’m obsessed with skin and skincare, but I don’t always have time to get a full facial as much as I’d like to. I had been wanting to try NuFace for a while, and finally pulled the trigger and got the Trinity Facial Toning Device last year. Worth it. I use it before bed for 5 minutes as part of my evening wind down routine, and it has helped sculpt my face and gives me a natural glow. Plus, spending a few minutes each night watching TV and toning my face calms me down while feeling productive.
7. I’m constantly staying in different hotel rooms and in different time zones. Lights Out from Love Wellness is my favorite supplement to take to fall asleep naturally and with ease, especially on those night when my mind won’t turn off and I can’t stop thinking about my to-do list for tomorrow. I’m a firm believer that the most productive days start with a good night of rest, so I love having an organic and natural way to fall asleep quickly, and it makes me wake up so much easier for those early morning meetings.
Ali Grant founded Be Social in 2012 to fulfill a purpose to create an agency that combined the perfect mix of traditional and digital services while aiming to create desire around beauty, lifestyle and wellness brands.
Ali has navigated the ever-changing media landscape to evolve the agency and its services with forward-thinking progress. Now, a go-to for brands seeking a strategic and targeted approach to digital media, Be Social boasts a roster of top brands and digital talent. Agency services include publicity, influencers, digital, and talent management.
With Ali at the helm of a team of communication and digital superstars, Be Social has been named one of Inc.’s fastest growing businesses in America.
You can learn more about Ali and Be Social here or on Instagram.