If you're looking to clean up your skincare act this Fall, who better to listen to than model, philanthropist and natural skincare curator Leilani Bishop? Her store (and site), Botanica Bazaar, has become a cult fave and her mission is to "curate a selection of products aimed at balancing the Mind, Body and Spirit through a natural approach to wellness." So ya, seems like she'd be the person to ask, right? So we did, and I have to warn you: I've already ordered all 7 things on her list and I have a feeling you will, too.
SHOP THE POST
• Between Sun and Salt I am a bit rough on my skin, I like to use a scrub that gently exfoliates and hydrates and with Coco Rose you get a yummy blend of virgin coconut oil, sugar and Moroccan rose oil.
• I don’t blow dry my hair but to get a finished look, I use Dressed Up and comb it after the shower, part it down to middle and twirl the ends to let dry. Dressed Up is a great product whichever way you style your hair — it's lightweight and leaves your hair soft while still holding style.
• I rely on Glow from The Beauty Chef for a large portion of nutrients and probiotics that aid in my gut health, while also enhancing my skin.
• I have a go to eye cream for when I have puffy eyes, whether I have had too much salt or I've been traveling or just haven't been kind to my body. Intense Eye Cream from Immunocologie is designed specifically to increase blood flow by shrinking capillaries while introducing antioxidants that prevent cellular decline. What could be better? I also use the Joanna Vargas Bright Eye Firming Mask to help with firming the skin around the eye while hydrating it. Especially good before a night out or if I am doing a shoot.
• From my time in the sun combined with hormone changes, I have bouts of melasma. The Clean Dirt from May Lindstrom is my go-to a couple of times of week. It's a cleanser with brightening qualities and has ingredients such as ginger that bring the blood flow to the surface, and turmeric which lightens. I leave it on for a good 20 minutes to feel the effects. With any new ingredient, though, use a little in a small area to make sure you don't have any reactions.
• I have always been pretty simple with my beauty routine, so was thrilled to find Vintner's Daughter Active Botanical Face Serum. it hits all the marks: it brightens, clears, regenerates and protects plus plus, and my friends and I have started calling ourselves #vintnersillegitimatedaughters :) It's one-stop shopping and needs no other moisturizer on top to seal it in.
MORE ABOUT LEILANI
After being discovered on the beach at age 15, Leilani Bishop moved to New York City, and began working with major photographers such as Steven Meisel, Bruce Weber, Arthur Elgort and Pamela Hanson. Her breakthrough came with an Allure cover, shot by Sante D’Orazio, and soon after she began booking campaigns for the Gap, Banana Republic, Versus and Tommy Hilfiger. Leilani has been lucky enough to work with many photographers and designers that she respects and loves, such as Patrick Demarchelier, Albert Watson, Dewy Nicks and Ellen von Unwerth, among others. She has walked the runway for Balenciaga, Calvin Klein, Chloe, Dolce & Gabbana, Versus, DKNY, and Victoria’s Secret.
Creativity is an essential part of Leilani’s life, and being in an industry where she can branch out and explore is important to her. It made her happy to cross the lines from modeling into acting when she landed the feature role in Intern, a film by Michael Lange; and when she shot the video Deep Inside of You, for the San Francisco-based band Third Eye Blind. Leilani is also featured on the Cover of Hole’s breakthrough CD Live Through This.
After her son was born, Leilani moved back to Hawaii and founded a non-profit called WOMEN FOR THE WORLD, in which she worked with her peers to tackle educational issues in key areas around the world. During this time, LEILANI BISHOP FRAGRANCES was conceptualized, a line of single-note floral scented oils, that were inspired by her upbringing in Hawaii and her travels around the world. Modeling and school for her son called her back to New York, and as it worked out, was the perfect opportunity to bring LBF to fruition and launch the line in 2012.
Continuing her passion for giving back LBF has supported and worked with both WOMEN FOR WOMEN INTERNATIONAL and EVERY MOTHER COUNTS.
Leilani’s natural upbringing and passion for natural beauty led her to partnering up in 2016 with Bethany Mayer and opening BOTANICA BAZAAR in Amagansett, NY. The store is a take on a European Pharmacia, focusing on Health, Wellness and Beauty. Botanica Bazaar offers a very curated and unique shopping experience for the beauty and health customer. The fall of 2016, saw the launch of BOTANICABAZAAR.COM, creating a multi-platform conscious community that relies on the store for all their Beauty and Wellness products.
As health and well being has always been an important part of her life, she completed Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman Yee’s, yoga training in 2010-11 and has taught at their studio, Yoga Shanti, as well as has assisted them on occasion.
Leilani lives in Amagansett with her husband and son.